Government Investigations & While Collar Defense
Seattle White-Collar Defense Attorneys
Aggressive Legal Representation in Bellevue
Learning the government is investigating you or your business can understandably be stressful and overwhelming. You will need skilled legal representation to effectively navigate government scrutiny and any resulting civil or criminal charges.
Our Seattle white-collar defense lawyers at Tomlinson Bomsztyk Russ can fight to protect your finances, livelihood, reputation, and freedom. We have substantial experience representing individuals and businesses in civil, administrative, and criminal courtrooms and vigorously defend our clients against claims from private parties and government prosecutors. Our firm’s practitioners are dedicated to this legal confluence and are uniquely suited to help clients defend against civil lawsuits, government investigations, and criminal prosecutions.
What Is White-Collar Crime?
“White-collar crime” refers to nonviolent offenses that are generally financially motivated. These charges are extremely serious and can cause permanent damage to your future—with multiple of charges heaped upon even one individual. Depending on the specific charges, penalties can include severe reputational damage, exorbitant fines, and years of incarceration.
Examples of White-Collar Crimes That We Can Assist You With Include:
- Civil Fraud. This somewhat intangible charge can encompass any professional misconduct that could be considered deliberately dishonest, deceitful, or unfair.
- Conversion. Conversion refers to any situation where someone unlawfully or without permission takes and/or interferes with another party’s property with the explicit intention of depriving the owner of that property.
- Embezzlement. This offense refers to situations where someone steals or exploits funds or assets that they had permission to handle in a certain way. Embezzlement can often occur between business partners or when an employee steals from their employer.
- Environmental Crimes. This category encompasses any situation where someone’s criminal misconduct negatively impacts an area’s air, water, or land.
- Theft. “Theft” is a broad offense that includes any act of stealing money or assets. Embezzlement is a type of theft, for example.
When you learn you (or your business) is being investigated, immediately seek legal representation. While it may seem tempting to cooperate with government agents, especially if you believe you have nothing to hide, it is always advisable to avoid making any statements or answering any questions without a lawyer present.
Our Seattle white-collar defense attorneys can assist you before an investigation even formally begins. If you anticipate a potential government investigation, we can head off possible consequences and work to manage public relations, contest civil forfeitures, and mitigate criminal charges.
Even if you are entirely innocent, the mere existence of an investigation can cause long-lasting reputational damage. You must act quickly and decisively to limit negative impacts on your career and/or your company.
If you or your business face criminal or civil charges as a result of an investigation, our team can serve as your guide and advocate throughout the ensuing litigation process. We will work tirelessly to protect your interests until you get your day in court
Our Seattle white-collar defense lawyers have experience litigating criminal, civil, and administrative matters in a variety of settings, including:
- Criminal Jury Trials
- Civil Jury Trials
- Grand Jury Investigations
- Administrative Hearings and Investigations
- Civil Forfeiture Defense Hearings
- Professional Disciplinary Hearings
- Insurance Fraud Allegations
- Professional License Defense Hearings (including cases involving real estate licenses, builders and contractors licenses, securities and broker licenses)
We can also help you navigate insurance coverage denials and disputes. When possible, we can leverage cutting-edge legal theories to force recalcitrant insurance companies to cover claims they initially and wrongfully deny. Resulting payouts can help you manage expenses associated with government investigations and litigation, including the legal defense we mount on your behalf.
No matter your circumstances, our team at Tomlinson Bomsztyk Russ is committed to protecting your interests. Whether your business is the subject of a spurious governmental investigation or you are personally facing white-collar criminal charges, our firm has the knowledge, resources, and drive to deliver the robust defense you need to succeed.
Do not wait to hire legal representation if you are involved in a government investigation or have been charged with white-collar crimes. Discuss your case with us by calling (206) 203-8009 or contacting us online.