Seattle Business and Commercial Litigation Attorneys
Results-Driven Litigation in Bellevue
Any growing business will inevitably encounter conflicts, some of which may require litigation to resolve. Commercial cases are high stakes and can be especially complex, and you need trusted, skilled and diligent legal representation to help you navigate the litigation process. Whether your company is facing a class-action lawsuit or needs help litigating a damaging breach of contract claim, our team can provide the litigation services you need to succeed.
Business litigation is all about delivering real results. At Tomlinson Bomsztyk Russ, our strategy in the courtroom is simple: Go to court and win. Our Seattle business and commercial litigation lawyers have the drive, skills, and resources to deliver the results you need in your case. Our team is made of tried litigators with significant court experience, and we will do what it takes to secure a favorable result and protect your interests in and out of the courtroom.
Your Legal Partner in Business and Commercial Litigation
At our firm, you are not just a case number. We strive to build long-lasting relationships and have been working with many of our clients for decades. Your fight is our fight, and we are committed to serving as your guide, advocate, and partner when facing litigation of all types.
We know what is at stake in any business and commercial litigation case. When you come to us for legal support, we will carefully analyze each element of your case and determine the most advantageous path forward. This will involve developing robust legal strategies built on our deep understanding of business and commercial law. We will also tailor our approach to your unique needs and objectives. You will work directly with our partner attorneys, who will help you understand the litigation options available to you and our forthright assessment of the possible outcomes. Our Seattle business and commercial litigation attorneys are invested in your company’s long-term success and are ready to fight for you in and out of the courtroom.
We represent businesses of all sizes across numerous industries. No case is too large or complex for our firm. Our talented team can assist you throughout the investigation, discovery, pre-trial, and trial stages of your case. We can also help you explore potential settlement offers and appellate options.
Our Seattle business and commercial litigation lawyers can represent your company in many types of cases, including:
- Partnership and Ownership Disputes. Conflicts involving company leadership or shareholder hostility can become especially contentious, and the outcome of resulting litigation may have significant ramifications for the future of your company. We can litigate cases involving breaches of contract, breaches of fiduciary duty, abuse of trade secrets, disagreements over authority, misappropriation of funds, limited liability company founder disputes, fraudulent activities, shareholder issues, and more.
- Impact Litigation. Impact litigation involves strategically leveraging the courts to facilitate governmental accountability, regulatory change or corporate responsibility. We routinely work with businesses and special interest groups to pursue impact litigation designed to achieve unique commercial, political and economic objectives, such as challenging needlessly burdensome regulation, asserting Constitutional prerogatives, and working towards fostering new economic development.
- Breaches of Contract. Businesses will frequently enter into legal agreements with employees, clients, suppliers, contractors, and other companies. A well-written contract will explicitly define the roles and responsibilities of each party. Businesses can experience serious damages if another party fails to fulfill their contractual obligations, such as providing the promised deliverables. Our litigation team can work to recover damages resulting from breaches of contract.
- Breaches of Fiduciary Duty. Employees, including executives, partners, and owners, owe a fiduciary duty to the business that employs them. This means they have a legal responsibility to act in the company’s best financial interests. A business can suffer tremendous losses when this fiduciary duty is breached, often as a result of a misappropriation of funds, accounting manipulations or other types of fraudulent activity. We can litigate breaches of fiduciary duty and work to recover the maximum available compensation.
- Consumer Issues. Numerous laws at the local, state, and federal levels seek to provide protection to consumers. Businesses may face legal action if one or more consumers allege fraud, defective or dangerous products, consumer protection act violations, or a myriad of other potential charges. We can work to protect your company’s interests when faced with these types of consumer-facing cases.
- Intellectual Property Disputes. Companies employ numerous strategies to protect trade secrets, copyrights, trademarks, and patents. This proprietary information is what gives many companies their competitive advantages. Litigation may be required to handle scenarios where sensitive information is leaked to competing firms, former employees unlawfully misappropriate your trade secrets, or another entity is exploiting your company’s protected intellectual property. Our litigation team can help you explore your legal options in these situations.
- Unfair Competition Claims. “Unfair competition” allegations can come from consumers or competing firms. They typically involve claims that a company is abusing intellectual property, misappropriating trade secrets, engaging in false advertising, intentionally interfering with your business relationships or some other unlawful practice that seeks to inappropriately distinguish and elevate their business interest to the detriment of yours. We can help you navigate these types of claims, and find solutions to these unfair practices plaguing your business.