- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Construction Litigation
- Personal Injury
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Benjamin Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- University of Washington, B.A. cum laude
Recent Notable Results
- Successful Result in Construction Jury Trial: Following a six-week jury trial, obtained $3.9 million dollar judgment against general contractor on a public works project for wrongfully withholding progress payments. Jury found wholly in favor of subcontractor against general contractor's $8,000,000.00 counterclaim. Verdict was affirmed on appeal with an additional award of attorney fees and costs in favor of subcontractor.
- Successful Arbitration Award in Development Dispute : Obtained findings of breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract against Developer on behalf of Land Owner in arbitration proceeding concerning an eight parcel assemblage. Arbitration award in favor of owner was four times higher than Land Owner's final offer of settlement.
- 46 Counts of Felony Identity Theft Dismissed: Represented former business administrator charged with 46 counts of felony identity theft and one count of theft concerning more than a $1,000,000 of transactions. Following extensive investigation and forensic accounting efforts, all 46 counts of identity theft were dismissed, with the felony theft being reduced to a single misdemeanor theft charge with no jail time.
- Successful Defense of Corporate Attorney in Business Dispute at Trial: Represented former academic vice president and business attorney sued by a former business partner arising from cybersecurity business venture seeking share of tens of millions dollars of revenue. Following trial in King County Superior Court, client prevailed in demonstrating that and former business partner was awarded nothing.
- Successful Result at Trial in Intentional Interference Case: Represented lender in dispute against competing lender in connection with dispute over collateral. Prior to trial, competing lender’s claim to collateral was dismissed and summary judgment entered as to wrongfulness of competing lender’s position. After competing lender refused to make any offers of settlement, following trial, lender client awarded substantially all damages for competing lender’s interference with client’s rights to enforce the collateral in addition to an award of attorney fees and costs under lis pendens statute.
- Successful Resolution of Business Dispute : Represented managing business partner of a successful restaurant entity in dispute with former partner. Prior to representation, preliminary injunction had been issued limiting managing partner’s control (with appointment of custodial receiver) and motion for contempt and removal of managing partner was pending. After successful litigation efforts on a short timeline, no contempt found and preliminary injunction rescinded by issuing judge for lack of merit. Dismissal of claims followed.
- Direct Verdict at Jury Trial in Business Dispute: Obtained directed verdict resulting in dismissal of business owner after five day jury trial in connection with dispute arising from purchase and sale of a business.
- Leveraged Buy-out of Corporate Assets Through Litigation: Following failed proxy battle involving more than a hundred shareholders, represented ousted director/executive against company in connection with securities fraud and executive employment claims. Following a summary judgment hearing where trial court ruled that founder and employing company committed securities fraud, client procured a leveraged buyout off all of the company’s assets in satisfaction of her claims.