Seattle Brain Injury Attorney
Helping Victims of Traumatic Brain Injuries in Washington
Brain injuries are considered one of the most serious injuries a person can suffer. They can result in permanent disabilities and even death. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury because of another individual's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Tomlinson Bomsztyk Russ, our Seattle brain injury lawyers understand the devastating impact this injury can have on a person's life, and we are devoted to helping you recover the maximum compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
Brain injuries can result from various accidents, each with its unique set of challenges. Understanding the common causes is essential in building a robust legal strategy. Common causes of brain injuries may include:
- In cases involving motor vehicle accidents, the force of impact can lead to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). The sudden acceleration or deceleration during a collision can cause the brain to hit the skull, resulting in concussions, contusions, or more severe injuries.
- Slip and fall accidents can result in head trauma when individuals strike their heads against hard surfaces, causing injuries that range from mild concussions to severe, life-altering consequences.
- Workplace accidents, particularly in industries with a higher risk of physical harm, may expose individuals to the potential for head injuries. Whether it's a construction site mishap or an industrial accident, the consequences of such incidents can be devastating.
- Sports-related brain injuries, often associated with contact sports, pose a significant risk, especially when proper safety measures are not in place.
Common Injuries in Brain Injury Accidents
Brain injuries manifest in diverse forms, ranging from mild concussions to severe and permanent impairments. Common injuries may include:
- Concussions, characterized by temporary loss of consciousness and cognitive function, are common in less severe cases. Contusions, or bruising of the brain tissue, can result from more forceful impacts, leading to long-term complications.
- Diffuse axonal injuries occur when the brain's nerve fibers are stretched or torn, often causing widespread damage that can impact various functions.
- Penetrating injuries, where an object pierces the skull and enters the brain, can have catastrophic consequences.
- In severe cases, victims may suffer from debilitating conditions such as traumatic brain injury (TBI), affecting cognitive abilities, motor skills, and emotional well-being.
Our legal team is well-versed in assessing the full extent of injuries, ensuring that all relevant aspects are considered when pursuing a brain injury claim.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Brain Injury Claim?
Victims of brain injuries may be entitled to various damages depending on the circumstances of their case. Potential damages that could be recovered in a brain injury claim may include:
- Medical expenses, including current and future treatments, rehabilitation, and therapy costs, are typically recoverable.
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity, resulting from the inability to work due to the injury, are also considered.
- Pain and suffering, as well as emotional distress, are significant components of a brain injury claim. The profound impact of a brain injury on one's quality of life is taken into account when seeking compensation for non-economic damages.
- In cases of wrongful death resulting from a brain injury, surviving family members may be eligible for damages like funeral expenses, loss of companionship, and other related costs.
Contact Our Brain Injury Lawyer in Seattle Today
If you or a loved one has experienced a brain injury because of the negligence of another party, it's crucial to seek legal representation promptly. At Tomlinson Bomsztyk Russ, our Seattle brain injury attorneys stand ready to advocate for your rights and guide you through the legal process. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward receiving the compensation you deserve.
Contact Tomlinson Bomsztyk Russ today to get started with our Seattle brain injury attorney.